Thanks to Aine who chaired the meetings, next meeting facilitator: Barbara
Talk from Bill Smith, Bill owned and ran Bashchurch service garage for 35 years and has an extensive knowledge of the motor trade and electric vehicles from their first introduction to the present day. This 30 min talk is packed with information and Bill can be contacted with questions.
1: We should frame proposals around the CAT Zero Carbon Britain report. This indicates that UK could reach net zero by 2030 and outlines the shape of this transition
2: Library should be an information hub for this process.
3: BRACE to use its July 4th meeting to discuss ideas to present to the July Council meeting. We should attend council meeting to better understand their remit and invite the mayor to attend at least one of our meetings. David Senior is Welshpool town Councillor who has pushed climate emergency statement for Welshpool
4: Newtown meeting, other town are going through a similar process as us, they are looking at food, energy, land transport and waste. Re convening in September with clear proposals
- Can we have a link to the this website www.brace.cyrmu from the council website
- Electric vehicle charger behind the library/ institute or old jail
- Land and biodiveristy: Spraying.. is there a biodiversity plan for Powys? Cutting of verges for biodiverity. Andrew Collins is in contact with contractors, happy to leave out May cut.
- Cultivating the town’s green spaces. Cae Bodfach and composting at the allotments, keen to explore more green spaces in town we can plant up with bee friendly, edible herbs etc
- Next Town Council meeting is 19th June in Llanfyllin institute – suggested we listen in and on July 17th make a 5 min presentation from BRACE to council
- Town council: can they invest saving in North Wales Credit unioin or similr. Look at divestment from high street banks
- 21st June is the next school strike – calling for support from Adults